are primary care practitioners that focus on determining and
treating the underlying cause of disease.
Naturopathic Doctors have a unique advantage of being trained
to utilize both ancient diagnostics (Traditional Chinese Tongue
and Pulse Diagnosis, nutritional assessments) and modern,
scientific laboratory diagnostics such as bloodwork.
At Riviere Naturopathic Health Clinic,
a number of therapies are utilized to help prevent and treat
• Nutritional Counseling and Supplementation
• Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture
• Botanical (Herbal) Medicine
• Lifestyle Counseling
• Physical Medicine.
Naturopathic Medicine is also useful in
conjunction with traditional medical treatment for most health
Principles of Naturopathic Medicine:
• First, do no harm
• Act in co-operation with the healing powers of nature
• Address the fundamental cause of disease
• Heal the whole person through individualized treatment
• Teach the principles of healthy living and preventative